Chapter 6- Molecular Basis Of Inheritance
How Genetic Codes Work?
On a molecular basis, the study of DNA, RNA, and other topics become important regarding the inheritance. The inheritance study is included in the CBSE curriculum of class 12th.
ScoreX™ offers a comprehensive course on Class 12 Biology Ch-6 Molecular Basis of Inheritance.
What do you get in this chapter course?
In the course of the Biology class 12 ncert solutions chapter 6, all the following concepts get covered.
1. The DNA
The DNA is a nucleic acid that is shared from generation to generation.
· Structure of Polynucleotide Chain
· Packaging of DNA Helix
2. The Search for Genetic Material
Genetic material is found in the DNA that offers certain properties. These properties become the reason for the inherited characteristics.
· Transforming Principle
· Biochemical Characterization of Transforming Principle
· The Genetic Material is DNA
· Properties of Genetic Material (DNA versus RNA)
3. RNA World
RNA is another nucleic acid that holds genetic properties.
The replication is the process through which similar molecules get created at a genetic level.
· The Experimental Proof
· The Machinery and the Enzymes
· Transcription Unit
· Transcription Unit and the Gene
· Types of RNA and the Process of Transcription
5. Genetic Code
The genetic code works as the unit during the genetic inheritance.
· Mutations and Genetic Code
· tRNA – the Adapter Molecule
· Regulation of Gene Expression
· The Lac operon
· Human Genome Project
· Goals of HGP
· Salient Features of Human Genome
· Applications and Future Challenges
· DNA Fingerprinting
Enhance your knowledge and score more with our course!